Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sorry, I haven't posted in a while!

Ok so I guess I haven't posted at all this past week, but honestly, it has just been kind of a regular school week.  One morning we were woke up by a fire drill at 7am where we had to file out of the school in our pjs (this is the third time since we have arrived).  Not fun at all!  Otherwise I've just been trying to keep up with my readings for class.  I've already read Pride and Prejudice (which I have previously read) and now I'm working on Jane Eyre.  Both classics and very good.  Oh and now I'm deciphering Shakespeare's Henry IV.  Last weekend Amanda and I made it into town on Friday night and had a nice time.  We even ran into someone we had previously met.  We ended up spending Saturday in though so that we could save our money for our trip to Scotland next weekend.  Also, we booked a trip to Ireland for the weekend right before Valentines Day.  We are going to arrive on Thursday afternoon, hang out in Dublin that night, and then join a Paddywagon tour that will take us all over Southern Ireland for the duration of Friday-Sunday.  I'm pretty excited to see all of the homelands of my ancestors!  We also picked up some delicious candy bars and IRN BRU in town (English soda that tastes like cream soda).  Oh and we walked about the grounds and took some glorious photos of the manor.  Afterwards we took a guided tour and learned all about the property, design and builder of the house, and the history of the owners.  Tomorrow we are taking a school wide field trip to Lincoln so I am getting excited to have a day out to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment