Monday, April 4, 2011

:( Last Day in Spain


Spain has been my favourite trip so far, so it was sad on the final day to say goodbye.  The last day we slept in as late as we could because of how tired we were from Granada the day before.  Plus, we changed time so we lost another hour (it was very hard to figure out what time we wanted to get up when you had to figure out the time change plus the fact that Spain is already an hour ahead!).  We left and went straight to the beach for the last time and spent some time just laying out and soaking up the rays.  I had fun making words in the sand with the rocks i found on the beach.  We decided to attend mass at the big church in Malaga so we headed out there.  It was definitely an interesting service because A. I'm not catholic so it tends to get confusing for me B. The mass was in Spanish so I didn't understand what they said C. there were tons of kids running around and crying D. Some lady fell during the mass so that was scary E.  The frequency of the priests microphone was picking up some random lady talking on the phone or something and apparently what she was saying was funny.  It was a cool experience though.  Afterwards we found a restaurant to eat at because everything else in town was closing up for the siesta hours.  I ordered a Malaga salad that was pretty good.  It had potatoes, olivves, oragnes, etc.  We ventured over to visit the Picasso museum and luckily it is free on Sundays.  It was cool to see some Picasso art in real life in the city where he was born.  We still had time to kill so we ate some more deliecious frozen yogurt from LlaoLlao and people watched.  We decided to move over to the pier where the cruise ships come in to do the same in order to kill time waiting to head to the airport.  They had a cool pirate ship there so of course I pretended to be a pirate in front of it.  We made a secret hiding spot to leave our towels behind for Emily to pick up too so that was exciting.  At about 8:30 pm we headed over to the airport to get ready for our flight at 10:50pm.  When I was going through security they made me search through my entire bag to find this really cool shiny rock that I found at the beach and was going to use as a paper weight :(  That was really frustrating, and then my sunglasses broke so I was just having a hard time for a bit.  I got on the plane and zonked out all the way back to London.  We arrived at Gatwick and picked up some food to eat while we waited the 4 hours until the first trains go on monday morning.  We tried to sleep, but it was freezing and there was only enough room to sit.  This part of the trip is always annoying , but we save money by taking the late flights so it's give and take.  I arrived back at the manor at 7:30 am with enough time to shower, eat breakfast, and then go to lecture at 8:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment