Monday, March 28, 2011

En Route to Spain

Last Wednesday began my trip to Malaga, Spain.  Malaga is on the Costa del Sol of Spain, or in other words, it is a beach city on the southern coast.  It actually is just across the sea from Moracco which is on the nothern side of Africa.  Anyways, Wednesday started off with me attending our 8:30 British Studies Lecture but then skipping my seminar class so that we could catch the 10:10 shuttle to Grantham in order to leave by train to Gatwick Airport at 12:00pm (I'm sure my teachers understood).  Amanda and I caught a bite to eat at the Goose and proceeded out to wait at the train station where I took this photo.  It is part excitement about the beautiful weather in Engand, but mostly sheer joy because I'm about to go to sunny Spain!  Amanda, Clare, and I pretty much spent the rest of the day moving from one form of public transportation to another until we finally arrived at Malaga at about 9pm.  We took a bus from the airport to the city to meet Emily, our friend from Eastern who is studying abroad there.  It was so exciting to be reunited in Spain!  She took us on a general walking tour of the city centre and then sent Amanda and I off to our hostel further out of the city but right by the beach.  The weather was absolutely beautiful and you could just smell the green and verdant flowers and palm trees!  Amanda and I got off at what we thought was our stop but in reality we somehow went too far.  So we ended up walking around for about an hour looking for the hostel.  We tried asking people for help but first of all, we came across a language barrier because they didn't speak english and then even more so they just didn't know where The Melting Pot Hostel was.  Eventually we called and finally located it.  When we arrived we felt very welcome and our accomodations were pretty good as well.  I went to bed being able to hear and see the ocean out the window which was a very pleasant experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment